Monday, May 28, 2007

Why is Everyone So Depressed?


Since my wonderful friend Sandy introduced me to blogging I have spent too much time reading other people's bloggs. First of all sometimes it seems that very few of them are written in English, I understand that it is the World Wide Web, but it seems blogging has not taken hold in the good ole USA.

Anyway, I lost my train of thought...

Why is it that a lot of people who are blogging are depressed or cursing or worse! It can be fun to read the daily updates on some random strangers pregancy or the travel blogs of a 20 year old college student, it is not fun the read the blogs of the depressed masses. What is wrong with these people? Half the time when I look at their ages they are 16-17 years old. What could possibly be wrong with them? Does the break up with some loser whose name you won't remember in 10 years really warrant such emotional distress?

I think I have decided over the course of writing this the answer to my own question. These people need Jesus. Although I became a believer at a young age, I still understand the feeling of searching. I guess they put so much faith in things other that what matters, that when they lose that "thing" they feel hopeless. I hope that God will use me in someway to reach those who are searching for Him.

It's the last week of school, I am so thankful for summer and the opportunity to enjoy my children without the pressures of homework and sports.






0 comments: