Wednesday, May 30, 2007

What is Wrong With Me???????????


Okay, so today was the princesses kindergarten graduation. It was a lovely event, the children were dressed in their Sunday best, and all were excited to show their parents all they have learned this year. I was excited too just for a different reason. I'm glad schools out!!!!!!!!! I'm glad I don't have to help the princess learn anymore bible verses or the prince with his book reports. I'm glad I don't have to get up early anymore, and I'm glad to get away from all those people for the summer.

Am I sad that my baby is now a first grader, yes. Did I cry like all the other mommies? NO! I could not see anything to cry about. I tried to cry, I even poked myself in the eye (just kidding) but there are no tears. I'm proud of the princess, but graduating from kindergarten is not exactly the same as completing her medical degree at Harvard (which by the way I will never be able to send her there, as it is, I probably won't be able to afford community college.)

So I am now the proud mommy of a 5th grader and a 1st grader. One day they will be grown, married with their own kids, and then I will (hopefully) see the fruits of my labor. My kids are growing up, but isn't that the way it is supposed to be?

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Yes!
You sound grounded and healthy to me!
(Hope you don't mind me reading your blog. Sandy is my sis-in-law.) :)

SHIRLEYCSKINNER said...

well my friend...you will find this will happen to you again....when your children graduate from high school and college...you will be sitting there all dry eyed while those around you open the water falls...rest asured you are the one who is sane....(maybe the others did not think thier child would make it to first grade...)