Monday, June 4, 2007

Summer Vacation Other Random Thoughts

Today was the second full day of summer vacation. We slept in a bit, then we had group exercise. I am determined to keep the weight off that I have lost and prehaps a bit more will fall off also. So for today's exercise we ran up the street (up hill) and walked down. We did this five times. It did not kill me, but it has been a lot of years since I have ran. The prince blew the princess and I away, obviously he exercises way more than we do. Mostly the princess complained and tried to quit the entire time. Anyway you look at it, it was good for all of us.

My kids are growing up, and you know what? I actually like them (most of the time.) They are funny, kind, compassionate kids who truly want to do the right thing, just sometimes they go the wrong way (don't we all.) I am so thankful that the Lord blessed me with wonderful kids. I am so thankful that I am fortunate enough to be able to stay home with them, it is a time I will always be grateful for, maybe one day they will see how they have benefited from it also.

My friend from forever Valorie, who has seen me through a lot of hard times is having a hard time herself right now, her grandmother or "Purr" as we call her is sick. She is 89 years old, and has been sick for years. It is still hard to see her as she gets ready to go be with the Lord. For some reason she is still fighting, still holding on, and still suffering. It is hard to see her family as they go through this with her. My prayer is that she will find comfort in her passing and her family will find comfort knowing that she is with her heavenly father. We'll miss you Purr, but we look to the day when we will all be together again.

I seem grateful for a lot today, maybe tomorrow I will make a list of everything I am thankful for. It will be a LONG list!

Until then.........

0 comments: