Thursday, June 25, 2009

my dying youth

My youth took a major hit today. Growing up as a little girl in the 70's everyone wanted to have hair like Farrah Faucet, every little girl wanted to be her. She was beautiful, talented and lets face it folks, her hair was an icon into itself. It saddened me to learn of her passing this morning. She had fought the good fight, but in the end she lost.
Then to lose MJ on the same day is shocking. I loved MJ, I had not one, but two Thriller albums. I loved his music, the way he danced and even some of his clothes. I had the parachute pants, with the bandana that had astroids on it! He lived a controversal life, he did a lot of stupid things, but man could he make music.
Does it make me old if the icons from my youth are dying? No, right? Just agree with me, pacify the old lady.

0 comments: