Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm ALIVE!

The first day of school is in the books! I think the fact that I survived the first day of teaching middle school is a good start. It was definitely different from the elementary, but good just the same. They were fun to be with and excited about the project we are going to be working on, so I guess for MS students to show enthusiasm is a good start.
My elementary kids were great, lots of hugs all around. I love how affectionate they are and how excited they were to be back at school. I even had one kid complain when it was time to leave!
As for the kids, I visited with Mad at lunch time and she was having a great day. Her favorite things in this order were: organizing her notebook and doing a "fun" math sheet. I'm sure she will be over the moon by 3. As for Dyl, I caught a glimpse of him during lunch, he was playing football on the soccer field. He was playing with a bunch of boys, I guess that is a good sign as well. My baby is in MIDDLE SCHOOL!!! I'm doing my best to handle that well.

0 comments: