Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thursday 13: Thirteen Reasons Why I Love Fall!

I stole the very cute logo above from Meredith (Sandy's very clever sister-in-law.) So thank you Meredith for your contribution to today's post. Today I present 13 reasons I love fall. There are more than 13 reasons, but it's not called "Thursday 47."

  1. It makes me feel young. I just told JB last weekend that every fall I have this overwhelming urge to pack all my stuff up and go to college. Those of you from WCU can relate, there is no better place to be in the fall. I love the feeling, even if it ends as soon as I hear the words "MOM" bringing me back to 2007.
  2. I love candy corn, scarecrows, mums, pumpkins, etc. I love breaking out the fall decorations.
  3. Coffee taste better on those cool fall mornings.
  4. My power bills are lower. We have already changed out the storm doors for screen doors and thrown open the windows. The cooler air makes the air conditioner run much less!
  5. Homecoming at school. This years event is Friday night and we can't wait.
  6. Wearing different clothes. By now all those shorts and carpi's are getting old. I will be thankful to wear jeans and sweatshirts again (if I can find some jeans.)
  7. Topical depressions, hurricanes, storms etc. We have had the driest year ever here, and we are finally starting to get a little rain (or the hope of rain) from the storms coming from the south. I hate to wish them on others, but my brand new grass is DEAD!
  8. Football. Although the Panthers are off the a shaky start, I love Sunday afternoon football with my husband. We cheer, scream, and cry all in the name of Panther football!
  9. New TV shows. There are now new seasons of all my favorite shows plus some new ones. The big one and I have been watching Kid Nation together on Wednesdays, I am not crazy about the show as much as enjoying the one on one time with him.
  10. Adding extra covers to the bed. Again, the nights have been a lot cooler, therefore I have needed that extra blanket on a few occasions already.
  11. Thoughts of Christmas begin dancing in my head. I have already started my Christmas shopping, because the early bird gets the worm, and all that other stuff!
  12. Fall Festival at WABC. We love this annual tradition at church. The kids enjoy the games, rides, and blow-up stuff.
  13. Death of the Mosquitoes! They are getting better already. May they die and slow and painful death SOON!

0 comments: