Tuesday, May 26, 2009

warning..bragging mom

Ok, I am going to brag in a BIG way.

Today was middle school awards day. My son received a science award, the Headmasters honor roll award (for making a 94+ average every 6 weeks) and was inducted into the National Junior Honors Society. WOW!!

Hello..... does anyone but me remember that this is the kid who struggled for the first 4 years of school, the one who I thought at one point was NEVER going to learn to read. He has worked so hard at school. School is never easy for him, and he always has to work harder than the others for the same grades, but this year the desire to make those grades came to him in a BIG way. I could not be more proud, it is so wonderful to see his hard work (and mine) pay off.

Sorry my camera batteries died before I could take the first picture, but trust me it happened, I have the certificate to prove it! Those of you wishing to see it will find it framed in his bedroom. Come see it if you don't believe me. :)

1 comments:

This IS The Fun Part! said...

That is just fabulous!!! It's really great that Pickle has applied himself so well. We, here in the deeeep south are really, really proud of all his accomplishments!

Brag away, Mom - that's what you're supposed to do!

The other mother