Friday, July 18, 2008

Still Nothing

Well, there is just nothing new to report. I just happened to notice on Sandy's blog that I had not updated in 2 weeks and felt I should just put something out there. I hate it when other people don't update their blogs.
We have been BUSY!!!! This next week is the first week since school got out that we do not have somewhere to be every day. This week it was swimming lessons, last week it was cheer camp but I think we are slowing down now. I have started working again. Most of you already know that I will be teaching middle school as well as elementary next year. This certainly presents a challenge, I am excited to still be with Pickle, but anxious about this new adventure. I did however get to buy my 1st ever laptop. It will be essential as I begin teaching in the middle school as I will be using a smart board as part of my lessons. A laptop will allow me to do more planning from home. I love it, but I am too lazy to take a picture of it for this blog. Pray for me as I take on this new challenge. I am anxious about dealing with middle school kids, but I believe that God will show me His love for these children.
Also, please be in prayer for my dad as well, if you remember from my previous post he passed out at the parade. Since then he has had a headache everyday, and struggled with dizziness and nausea. As you guys who know him can attest, he does not stop for anything. We spent yesterday afternoon in the emergency room as his symptoms had progressed to the point that he was afraid something was really wrong. The good news is that they ran tons of test (CAT scan, EKG, CBC, etc.) and there was nothing on any of the test. The bad news is he is still feeling bad and has no idea why, he just keeps saying "I know there is something wrong with me." It's hard to see the person who has always made things right for me not feeling well and afraid of what is wrong with him. I'm hoping it is something like medications that need to be adjusted and not something serious. I'll be glad when the good Doc (you know who you are) comes home and looks him over.
So, that's it, nothing new, mostly a lot of anxiety. But the Lord is good and faithful. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." This is going to become my mantra, not a bad way to live life for sure!

0 comments: