Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Nothing New

I really haven't had anything to update on, but the mundane, but I will give a brief overview of the last few weeks.
Last week was busy with a capitol B. It was VBS as well as the Iredell County Independence Celebration Parade. VBS was a lot of fun, but Dill Pickle only got to go 2 days due to a nasty stomach bug (which I thought might be appendicitis.) He recovered in time to go on Thursday. MH had cheer camp last week as well so she got to do both all week except Friday. She was tired but had a lot of fun. The new routine looks great, and I see many more great finishes for them.

Saturday was the parade and it was great. It was so hot, yet it really was not temperature heat but more humidity heat. I should explain that my dad organizes this parade every year, and it is a ton of work. This years featured guest were the Vietnam veterans. We had a very moving ceremony, and then diginitarys such as Elizabeth Dole (NC senator) and Virginia Foxx (US congresswoman) spoke to those gathered around. These folks rode in the parade as well. Did I mention it was hot? My dad (aka Stuborn Old Man) refused to drink enough water and promptly passed out as the last float pulled on to the parade route. He is fine, but scared all of us! Here is a link to the article in the local paper about the parade http://www.statesville.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=SRL/MGArticle/SRL_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173355786561

Oh, and my toe. Friday night on our way to the parade dinner, I was coming out the back door and turned too quickly at the bottom of the stairs and hit my big toe on the brick. My toenail has been pulled back about 90%. Can I tell you how bad this hurts? The good news/bad news is that it doesn't hurt that bad anymore but it is turning black and my friendly family dr says that it is going to fall off. I was going to put a picture on here of it, Sandy even said I should, but to save you the gross out factor I won't.
See, nothing good to share.

0 comments: