Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Therapy Session Part 1



I need one on my blog therapy sessions. I have heard it said that having children is like allowing your heart to wonder outside of your body. That point has been made evident to me this week. There it is my sweet, precious boys 11th birthday, and I can feel him pulling away. I can feel him becoming a tween, which leads to being a teenager, which leads to being an adult. My heart is moving slowly away from me, and I know it is natural but none the less painful. So guess what other monumental occasion is is week? He is leaving in the morning for a class trip to camp and will be gone 3 days. My heart is going away, and I'm NOT invited. I know that all this is part of the natural growing up process, and I want him to do all the normal things that kids are supposed to do, but I guess I was just not ready to deal with it! So in the morning I will suck it up and try to not cry in front of him (or his friends,) and know that he will probably have the best time ever, and that is EXACTLY what I want him to do!!!!!

(Stay tuned for part 2, JB is leaving Thursday for a trip.....)

0 comments: